Are you in need of some tips on how to reface your kitchen cabinet doors? We have broken down the steps to ensure you get the job done, and get it done right! Here are the steps to take when replacing your old cabinet doors with Arkansas Wood Doors’!
- Unscrew the current hinges from the door panel. If you plan on replacing the hinges as well, remove them from the cabinet box as well. Otherwise, leave them attached to the cabinet box.
- If you are replacing the hinges on your kitchen cabinetry, now is the time to do so.
- Once the hinges are replaced, or if you are using your old hinges, hold the new cabinet in place and mark where the hinges will be attached.
- Pre-drill the holes where you will be attaching the hinges. This is a very important step! If you try to screw into the wood without pre drilling you risk splitting the wood.
- Do this to all of the doors, and begin to screw each one in, ensuring that you do not tighten the screws all the way.
- Level out the cabinet doors. If you need to adjust them, do so at the hinge. Once your cabinet door is level you can tighten the screws the rest of the way.
- Pre-Drill holes into the cabinetry for the handles or knobs. Once again do not screw directly into the door as you do not want to risk cracking the wood.
Now that you have all the steps to refacing your kitchen or bathroom cabinet doors, its time for you to give it a shot! This is a short project, dedicating one day of your weekend to installation should suffice.